Job Title: Programs Coordinator/Butte Ag Foundation
The Butte County Farm Bureau has an immediate opening for a full-time Program Coordinator. The ideal candidate will be a creative and personable, self-starter who has experience interacting with members of the agriculture community and maintains a high degree of rapport with key audiences.
- Manage the execution of multiple BCFB events, education courses and programs. Tasks may include but will not be limited to:
- Invitation and promotional materials creation.
- Handling of event contractors including such as caterers, rental firms, venues, sound, etc.
- Recruiting event sponsors and tracking sponsor data.
- Coordinating volunteers.
- Attendance tracking.
- Organizing, set-up, take down and pick-up and return of borrowed/rented event needs.
- Manage production of BCFB Newspaper, electronic newsletter, and marketing material as needed.
- Create content and collect news information for inclusion in bi-monthly newspaper.
- Manage advertisements including monthly billing and payment collection, contract renewal, and solicitation of new advertisers.
- Prepare the membership update for the newspaper.
- Work with BCFB Executive Director and newspaper designer to produce a timely and accurate publication.
- Prepare monthly/as needed electronic communications to membership.
- Maintain BCFB and associated entity websites
- Management of contract programs.
- Acts as contact for external program requests and information gathering.
- Scheduling correspondence and communications to Board and Program contacts.
- Attends all Board and Standing Committee meetings; liaison for board members.
- Acts as a contact for Board support, requests and information. Assembles and distributes board packets. Arranges room preparations.
- Prepares reports and updates to Programs as needed.
- Manages phone calls, emails and website for contract programs. Responds appropriately and forwards questions and/or complaints to appropriate contact.
- Provides administrative support for budget, proposals, mailings, and newsletters and e-newsletters.
- Answer telephones, greet members and the public entering the office.
- Perform general clerical duties as needed to include but not limited to: letter writing, photocopying, faxing, mailing and filing. Assist in the organization and maintenance of the office so that it operates effectively and efficiently.
- Support membership development and retention of the organization.
- Attend and assist in the organization and execution of all BCFB events as needed.
- Support BCFB Executive Director, Staff and Board in operation of the Butte County Farm Bureau.
- Passionate self-starter.
- Personable, creative and organized.
- Ability to manage their time to accomplish tasks in a routine and timely manner.
- Can work independently without supervision.
- Working knowledge of computer programs including but not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, QuickBooks and InDesign.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Willingness to balance working with different responsibilities and manage multiple priorities in a professional and productive manner.
- Maintains a basic belief in the value of Farm Bureau membership, community organizations, and the agricultural industry.
- Willingness to learn, ask for help, and offer and accept suggestions in a professional manner.
- Able to assist in coordinating volunteers.
- Have a good work ethic.
- Desire to work in a team environment and with volunteers.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with major course work in agriculture, communications, public relations or a related field.
- Passionate about agriculture.
- Will be supportive of other staff.
- An ability to work on own initiative; be proactive, organized and find solutions to problems and challenges.
- Current CA Driver’s License.
- Reliable transportation.
Medical, dental and vision benefits
Paid vacation and sick leave
To apply, please submit the following items by November 12, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter
- Three references with contact information
For questions regarding this posting, please contact:
Butte County Farm Bureau
About the Butte County Farm Bureau
Butte County Farm Bureau (BCFB) is a non-profit grass roots organization whose purpose is to protect and promote the local agricultural community through outreach and advocacy. BCFB is part of California’s largest farm organization the California Farm Bureau Federation which is comprised of 53 county Farm Bureaus representing 32,000 members in 56 counties.
BCFB strives to protect and improve the ability of farmers and ranchers engaged in production agriculture to provide a reliable supply of food and fiber through responsible stewardship of California’s resources.
Farm Bureau is organized on a county, state and national basis. The county Farm Bureau is the nucleus of the organization. Membership is voluntary by payment of nominal annual dues which entitles them to the wide range of services and benefits of membership.