Title: Programs Coordinator/Regulatory Outreach and Education
The Butte County Farm Bureau has an immediate opening for a full-time Program Coordinator. The ideal candidate will be a personable and creative, self-starter who has experience interacting with members of the agriculture community and maintains a high degree of rapport with key audiences.
- Responsible for the membership development and retention of the organization.
- Oversight of communication and education outreach for grower regulatory programing.
- Manage the execution of multiple BCFB events and program.
- Prepare for and attend monthly Board meetings.
- Answer telephones, greet members and the public entering the office.
- Perform general clerical duties as needed to include but not limited to: letter writing, photocopying, faxing, mailing and filing. Assist in the organization and maintenance of the office so that it operates effectively and efficiently.
- Assist in the management of BCFB’s Social Media presence including keeping the BCFB website and Facebook page current and accurate with local news, media and event information.
- Maintain constant communication with BCFB Executive Director regarding any issues or items needing timely attention.
- Attend and assist in the organization and execution of all BCFB events as needed.
- Support BCFB Executive Director in operation of the Butte County Farm Bureau.
- Support BCFB Staff in the operation and execution of BCFB programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Passionate self-starter.
- Personable, creative and organized.
- Ability to manage their time to accomplish tasks in a routine and timely manner.
- Can work independently without supervision.
- Working knowledge of computer programs including but not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, QuickBooks and InDesign.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Willingness to balance working with different responsibilities and manage multiple priorities in a professional and productive manner.
- Maintains a basic belief in the value of Farm Bureau membership, community organizations, and the agricultural industry.
- Willingness to learn, ask for help, and offer and accept suggestions in a professional manner.
- Have an exceptional work ethic.
- Desire to work in a team environment and with volunteers.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with major course work in agriculture, communications, public relations or a related field.
- Passionate about agriculture.
- Will be supportive of other staff.
- An ability to work on own initiative; be proactive, organized and find solutions to problems and challenges.
- Current CA Driver’s License.
- Reliable transportation.
- Hourly, DOE.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits.
- Paid vacation and sick leave.
- Cell phone stipend.
To apply, please submit the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter/email
- Three references with contact information
For questions regarding this announcement, please contact:
Butte County Farm Bureau